Description: Are you in a retail environment, have past experience and are looking to take your career to the next level and at the same time making the difference in people’s lives? This may be the job for you if you are seeking a challenge, willing to make and leave your mark and help out the operations of one of Metro Region’s leading homelessness agencies.
Find Edmonton operates 2 locations and is in need of a stellar GM. You have excellent interpersonal skills, experience in managing complex issues and thrive in a fast-paced environment that brings out your best. You are looking to lead a team of dedicated staff, pass along your accumulated knowledge and safely operate in a fun, effective, workplace environment.
- 2 top notch retail outlets that bring in $ 3 million in revenue.
- Dedicated, hard working and personable staff you will manage.
- Pickup & delivery operations that help previously homeless community members settle in their new home.
You will report to senior leadership of Homeward Trust Edmonton, the city’s leading entity to ending homelessness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to prepare and implement a business plan and increase the FIND brand.
- Lead and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors and volunteers.
- Maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including businesses, realtors, community and faith groups to increase quality and quantity of donations.
- Ensure an efficient and effective work force is maintained and morale is sky high.
- Safely manage employees, customers and others, ensuring that licenses are maintained for government bodies.
- Maintain a neat and orderly store that is properly equipped and supplied.
Finance, Marketing & Communications
- Work with Homeward Trust Business Services in preparing an annual budget and in creating informative financial reports to help reach those goals.
- Examine and analyze expenses, donations, and sales to achieve maximum revenue.
- Make and/or implement recommendations to increase efficiency and revenue to enhance the organization’s financial position.
- Establish goals for your team and help them reach them
- Develop, roll out and measure marketing and advertising programs.
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, inventory management, and other areas of interest of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Keep the CFO informed appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
Qualifications, skills and Experience
- Degree in Commerce, Entrepreneurial Management, Business Management or a related field.
- Five to seven years management experience in a retail environment and not- for-profit or social enterprise setting.
- Experience in warehouse management is considered an asset - a combination of education and experience will be considered.
This position represents Homeward Trust internally and externally and you must show the following values of the organization:
- Passionate about our mission and that ending homelessness is possible– makes a significant impact on how community organizes and allocates resources in a system-based approach to ending homelessness.
- Action oriented– has unwavering focus on what makes a difference and prioritizes accordingly.
- Driven to solve problems– break down the complex issues and discover solutions.
- Confidence inspiring– establishes credibility, respect and builds strong working relationships with senior management, employees, and external stakeholders.
- Strengthened by diversity – embraces individual identity, supportive of others and motivated to learn from them.